How it Works

_

While we source funding we are busy organising the planning

We will be sending out fortnightly emails to keep you updated on how your contribution is helping.

2

Construction begins

Those member's who have opted in will receive visual updates on our progress.

3

You make weekly contributions

90% goes to funding the wind and solar farms. The other 10% covers getting the word out there and the cost to manage the projects.

1

Our sites produce cheaper clean energy

Less than half the price of both current coal and traditional renewable alternatives.

4

We start funding and planning the next project

5

You make weekly contributions

90% goes to funding the wind and solar farms. The other 10% covers getting the word out there and the cost to manage the projects.

1

While we source funding we are busy organising the planning

We will be sending out fortnightly emails to keep you updated on how your contribution is helping.

2

Construction begins

Those member's who have opted in will receive visual updates on our progress.

3

Our sites produce cheaper clean energy

Less than half the price of both current coal and traditional renewable alternatives.

4

We start funding and planning the next project

5

What you
should know

The Global Warming Solution is a brand new crowdfunding concept which allows everyone to tackle climate change, from just $5.50 per week.

By offering people the chance to fund wind and solar farms, we will create cleaner energy and make cities and countries across the world more sustainable. We start with Sydney, but we won’t end there. Our mission is to make a difference globally; city by city, country by country.

We know that investing in a long-term project like this is a big deal, so we’ve done our best to answer your most important questions below.

How much of my money goes towards the projects?

We want to make sure as much of your money as possible goes directly towards tackling climate change. That’s why 90% of your contribution goes to funding the wind and solar farms. That starts with funding the planning permission and lobbying process, and then, of course, the physical build and development of the sites. Another 8% goes towards getting the word out there about The Global Warming Solution and covering the risks of the developments. The final 2% is a management fee that goes towards the running costs of the organisation.

What does cheaper energy mean for me?

We’ve got big aims here at The Global Warming Solution. We want to push fossil fuels out of the picture by making renewable energy cheaper than anything available on the market. Our goal is to undercut fossil fuels in the wholesale market so that energy providers can purchase our energy, and in turn, pass it on to you at a cheaper price.

The result is cheaper energy for you and a better, more sustainable world for us all. But how will we do this? By operating our wind & solar farms at break-even after refurbishment costs, rather than for-profit – we’ll be producing the cheapest and cleanest possible energy at around 2.5c/kWh. Fossil fuels are usually ~A6.0 c/kWh and existing renewable energy is ~A6.5 c/kWh.

What do I get for my contribution?

You become part of the people’s sustainable revolution; a community of like-minded people united in their purpose to solve climate change. On a more tangible level, you are directly contributing to building one of the most sustainable cities in the world right here in Sydney.

Three potential sites in Sydney are already in negotiations with a four-year build timeframe for the first project. Your contribution goes towards securing these sites, lobbying local governments and National Parks Services to support the build, and then the construction of the wind and solar farms themselves.

Sydney will become a shining example of how cities can do better, and our ultimate aim is to transform the way the world consumes energy, city by city, country by country.

When you sign up as a contributor, you will receive a fortnightly email with an update on the progress of all of the above, plus practical advice and inspiration on how to live more sustainably.

More questions? Here's some of our common FAQs.

A better, more affordable concept
to combat global warming.